95th Founding Anniversary of Iglesia ni Cristo (INC)

RESOLUTION NO.

– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –

Hon. Ferdinand O. Sumague

– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –

A RESOLUTION EXTENDING A WARM GREETINGS AND CONGRATULATIONS  TO THE IGLESIA NI CRISTO (INC) ON THE CELEBRATION OF ITS 95TH FOUNDING ANNIVERSARY On July 27, 2009

WHEREAS, the Iglesia ni Cristo (INC) marks its 95th Founding Anniversary on July 27, 2009;

WHEREAS, the evangelizing guidance of its great spiritual leader, the late Ka Felix Y. Manalo, to the present leadership of its Executive Minister, Ka Eraño G. Manalo, the INC has provided spiritual nourishment and support to millions of its faithful members throughout the country and in many places in the world;

WHEREAS, it has contributed immensely to the growth of Philippine society, in general, and in Rizal, Laguna in particular, by instilling among our people the values of being good, active, law-abiding and God-fearing citizens;

WHEREAS, the INC has likewise served the material needs of not only of its flock but also of many others in need through such outreach programs on education, youth development, family counseling, health, disaster relief and socio-economic community extension services;

WHEREFORE, premises considered, be it resolved, as it is hereby resolved, to adopt a resolution extending a warm greetings and congratulations to the Iglesia Ni Cristo (INC) on the celebration of its 95th founding anniversary on July 27, 2009;

RESOLVED further that copies of this Resolution be furnished  the Executive Minister of INC, the District/Local Minister, and all others for their information.

ADOPTED this 21st day of July 2009.

Happy 95th Founding Anniversary to all members of the

Iglesia ni Cristo

iglesia

The Iglesia ni Cristo; Church of Christ; also known as INC, or Iglesia, is the largest entirely indigenous Christian religious organization that originated from the Philippines and the largest independent church in Asia. Felix Y. Manalo officially registered the church as a corporation sole with him as executive minister on July 27, 1914 and because of this, most publications refer to him as the founder of the church. However, the official doctrines of the church profess that Jesus Christ is the founder of the INC and that Felix Manalo was God’s last messenger, whom he sent to re-establish the Christian Church to its true, pristine form because the original church was apostatized. They believe that the apostatized church is the Roman Catholic Church, and proclaim that Catholic dogmas, such as the Trinity, are proof of this apostacy. The organization does not believe in the Trinity, nor that the divinity of Jesus and the Holy Spirit are Biblical.

Source: Wikipedia

Advertisements

St. Michael Parish

Click thumbnail to view full size photo

Parokya ni San Miguel Arkanghel

KASAYSAYAN NG SIMBAHANG KATOLIKO

PAROKYA NI SAN MIGUEL ARKANGHEL

Mga Taong Nagdonasyon sa Lupa ng Simbahan:

  1. Eugenio/Maria Vistan
  2. Agatona Vistan
  3. Marta Vistan
  4. Juan (Salantong) Sumague
  5. Casiano Sumague
  6. Cirila Sumague

TAONG 1900:

Nagpatayo ng Tuklong (Chapel) Pinamunuan ni Kapitan Manuel Lucido ang pagpapatayo ng Tuklong (Chapel) na ang bubong ay Yunot sa tulong ng mga taong nayon ng Pauli, Nagcarlan, Laguna. Taong 1900- 1901.

Nagpagawa ng Bagong Simbahan Ang namuno sa pagpapagawa ng bagong simbahan ay si G. Inocentes Sumague at Casiano Sumague sa tulong ng mga taong nayon ng Pauli, sa pamamagitan ng abuloy salapi at tulong ng katawan. Ang mga sangkap na kahoy ay nagbuhat sa bundok hila ng kalabaw. Ang tungkol naman sa buhangin at bato; bawa’t tao ay may kanya-kanyang toka. Taong 1909.

Nagpatayo ng Kumbento Ang lahat ng kasangkapang ginamit sa pagpapatayo ng kumbento ay abuloy ni G. Inocentes Sumague na siya ring namahala sa pagpapagawa. Nagkaroon na ng Kura Paroko sa Katauhan ni Padre Jose Montenegro. Taong 1917

Ang nayon ng Pauli ay naging bayan ng Rizal

Founders of Rizal Town in Laguna.

Sa pamamagitan nina Kon. Fortunato Arban, Kon Agustin Vista at Kon. Felix Isleta, sa bisa ng kanilang Resolusyon na pinagtibay sa Konseho ng Munisipal ng Nagcarlan, Laguna ang Nayon ng Pauli ay naging Bayan ng Rizal noong taong 1919. Si Padre Jose Montenegro pa rin ang Kura Paroko ng Bayan.

Ang pagpapaayos ng Tore ng simbahan ay pinamunuan at pinangasiwaan nina G. Silvino Isles, Pedro Sumague at Bartolome Magtibay, taong 1937. Si Padre Leon Faraon ang Kura Paroko

Ang mga nangasiwa sa pagpapagawa ng bagong kumbento ay sina G. at Gng. Emilio Vista, Silvino Isles, Basilio Bueno at Emilia Alcantara. Ang lumang kumbento na abuloy ni g. Inocentes Sumague noong taong 1919 ay ipinagbili kay G. Jose Gumicua sa halagang 500.00. Ang halagang ito ay nakatulong upang madaling naitayo ang bagong kumbento, taong 1958-1959. Ang Kura Paroko ay si Padre Napoleon M. Pantas (Hunyo 1954-Enero 1967}. Ang nagpapagawa ng pader sa unahan at tagiliran ng patio ay si Padre Napoleon Pantas sa pamamagitan ng mga donasyon. Ang nagpatayo ng pader sa silangan ng kumbento at kanluran ng simbahan ay si Padre Emilio Palma (Pebrero 1967-Abril 1968) sa pamamagitan rin ng mga donasyon.

Ang pagpapasemento ng mula sa pinto ng simbahan pa-kanluran ay pinangasiwaan ng Daughters of Isabela sa pamumuno ni Padre Pedro Valdepenas.

First Church of Christ

FIRST CHURCH OF CHRIST

History at Rizal , Laguna

“ Go therefore and make deciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observed all that I commanded you: and lo, I am with you always, even at the end of the the age.” (Matt. 28:19,20)

It was summer time when Bros. Buenaventura Garcia, Simon Rivera and Pedro Obico, with American Missionary Hermon P. Williams from Liliw, evangelized in Rizal through the personal guidance of Fortunato Banaag who is unbeliever on that time. The latter and Agustin Monterola was the result of their two week’s preaching.

Bros. Juan Isles, Eustaquio and Celestino Royo were the outcome of the second meeting through the help of Evangelist Sulpicio Trivino on the 4th of May, 1906.

The next year, eight souls were added to the membership of the church that possibly motivated them to organize a local Sunday worship in the house of Bro. Juan Isles, who happened to be the first Church Elder. The 1907 baptisms were Bros. Francisco de Leon, Marciano Arcigal, Santiago Arcigal, Benito Isleta, Luis Reolada , Lazaro Montanano and Melecio Isleta.

The Liliw brethren were untiring in preaching and personal evangelism and twenty souls were harvested on Feb 16,1908. They were Bros. Santos Arban, Marciano Formales, Venencio Formales, Pedro Urtula, Cipriano Perez, Cipriano Carmona, Juana Cora, Gumerciana Suaze, Raymunda Vertudez, Potenciana Formales, Romuldo Oro, Primitibo Perez, Barceliza Perez, Lorenza Rubis, Maria Hernandez, Felomina Pisano, Bibiana Formales, Catalina Isleta, Mauricio Carpena and Salvador Carmona.

Since they now had 29 regular members in the Church, the first Church was organized and officers were chosen by the members led by Bro. Simon Rivera on the 8th of March 1908, as follows.

Juan Isles————————————- Elder/Treasurer

Celestino Royo———————————Deacon

Cipriano Perez ———————————Deacon

Juanan Cora ———————————–Deaconess

Raymunda Vertudez —————————–Deaconess

Fortunato Banaag ——————————-Secretary

Agustin Monterola ——————————Teacher

The first chapel made of wood, bamboo and metal was later transferred by parts on Nov. 1, 1909 to Sister Barcelisa Perez’ lot, which the church had earlier bought for P 100.00.

After the Samahang tagapagpala – ganap ng ebanghelyo, incorporated, was organized, the church to help this organization financially was able to receive a certificate dated April 19, 1925 from that organization.

On August 19, 1925, the church decided to be a member of S.T.E Inc. and its membership was favorably considered by the S.T.E Inc. in a meeting held at Miss Knoffsinger’s residence in Bauan, La Union after the Church separation from Mission Kristiana.

Some members of the church who opposed to S.T.E Inc. suggested that the church reconsiders its decision but the officers of the church that time decided to maintain its membership with S.T.E Inc. As a consequence, and for some unknown reasons, Pedro Urtula, Primitivo Perez, Gumercianda Suaze, Wenceslao Isles, Amacio Robel and others were ex-communicated and named members of the “modernista” church.

Since the opening of Manila Bible Seminary on 1926, the church began to send students to the seminary and the church officers decided to share regular monthly support for the school. This may be the reason why this church has produced the largest enrollment since the Manila Bible Seminary was established. We have listed up to present time., forty students; seventeen graduates and twenty three non graduates.

On the 2nd day of Sept. 1928, the former real property (lot) registered in “ Iglesia Kristiana de Rizal” with tax no. 8275 approved to be transferred to proper name as Unang Iglesia ni Kristo (First Church of Christ, Inc.). This was registered in the Buro de Comercio (Bureau of Commerce) at the time through the efforts of Evangelist Pedro Azada.

The church officers displayed a strong concern for the members upon preserving the true membership and teaching, so termination among members who caused problems was practiced accordingly.

On Nov. 23 1932, Bro Pedro Urtula and his followers met the church officers with Bro. Juan Baronia as mediator. This meeting reunited them to the church and in the succeeding year, Bro Pedro Urtula was again elected as elder by the majority vote of the members.

As the saying goes among old members, one third of the Church life was imparted by our Bible College, the Manila Bible Seminary. Most of the Church Resident Preachers were from that School.

The first solid chapel building was constructed in the summer of 1936 on the same lot where the present congregation is now holding their regular worship services. This Chapel’s location has a significant meaning among members as this the very place where they used to worship God even during the Second World War with bros. Clemente Carpena and Santos Formales serving them.

The preachers who used to visit and serve the brethren on many times were Bros. Buenaventura Garcia, Higino Mayor, Amando Litao, Leoncio Morales, Mateo Noble, Panfilo Pel, Constancio Oliveria, Ronald Hoffman, Dante Dawat, Wendell Formales, Darry Formales, Rolly Paraiso and Eriberto Borlaza.

The biggest Christian gathering that this Church has ever had was when the 59th Annual National Convention of the Churches of Christ was held on May 3-5, 1968.

Beginning in the early seventees, Bro Jose Oro, Being the only available preacher in evangelistic meeting was used by other Laguna local churches, so the brethren realized the needs of having student preachers from Manila Bible Seminary. Through this seminary students, the church started the Faith Promise Program. Bros. Panfilo Pel and Ronald Hoffman held the program for two successive years. The program was abandoned for a time but was revived recently.

The following student preachers who served the brethren in the absence of pulpiter and assistance to elders. Bros. Pacifico Cruz, Artemio de Guzman, Dan Cadacio, Felix dela Cruz, Charlie Bantoc, Isidro Mercado, Moore Narag, Edgar Cacho, Henry Flores, Jessie Lara, Solomon Rosette, Willian Falla. For the years now, the church has been now, the church had been trying to support a fulltime minister and was supporting Evangelist Dante Dawat to San Andre, Romblon.

The church has now a registered membership of 300 in number including the inactive and temporarily transferred members. In comparison with the local churches , this church is not quite as prosperous in material possessions, due to town’s economic development. One of the qualities she had mentained is that she is a Churh which produces workers and holds the largest enrollment in our Bible College, the Manila Bible Seminary.